BEARDED DRAGON ENCLOSURE GUIDE | KAGES
Bearded dragons are referred to as sun worshipers so it's very important to give them a bright basking area.
These layouts and product recommendations are just a baseline and general guide. Reptile keeping is an art and requires experimenting along with close monitoring to find out what bulb wattage and configuration will work best in your application. We always recommend manually checking with an infrared temp gun and a high quality thermostat to monitor and regulate temps.
I setup my bearded dragon with the following:
When customizing the enclosure I recommend the following:
- 2 Arcadia Pro Ceramic Lamp Holders & Brackets
- You'll want to place these in the middle and on the side of your choice
- Side Vents
- No Belly Heat
We recommend the following bulbs:
- Arcadia Halogen Basking Bulb on the right side - I have a 75 watt bulb in mine.
- 22” Arcadia 12% UVB bulb on the right side (Another great UVB option would be the 22" Arcadia 14% UVB bulb)
- 24” T5 fixture that holds the above bulb
- 22" Arcadia JungleDawn LED Bar on the right side - this gives full spectrum lighting to both the bearded dragon and the plants in my bioactive setup
Some people use a fixture in the center of the enclosure for nighttime heat if needed and use a deep heat projector.