Kages Custom Reptile Enclosures™ are designed and manufactured in the USA using the highest quality ½” black extruded PVC, premium polycarbonate or tempered glass sliding doors, vents in the rear and your choice of customization options.
- Sleek Modern Design - Looks great in your home and your reptile will love it too!
- Nonporous Matte Finish Surface - Minimizes stress on your reptile as they won't be threatened by their reflection. The smooth finish also makes cleaning up after your scaly friend a breeze.
- Easy Assembly - We provide the screws and an electronic copy of the instructions. You'll just need a Phillips screwdriver and 20-50 minutes to assemble your custom reptile habitat.
- Rigid PVC Construction - Holds heat & humidity much better than glass tanks, giving you more control over your temperatures while using less electricity.
- Made in The USA - Each and every Kages enclosure is handmade in the USA using the highest quality reptile safe materials available.
- Side Vents
- Belly Heat Recess
- 9" Square Screen
- Arcadia Reptile Lighting
- Electronic copy of instructions
SPECS & DIMENSIONS
**Approximate Outside Dimensions: 47”x23”x23.5“
At Kages we strive to use the highest quality products for our Premium PVC Enclosures that's why we use rigid expanded PVC & polycarbonate for our reptile caging.
You can learn more about our Kages here!
- Material: ½” rigid expanded PVC
- Lightweight closed-cell foam
- Closed cell surface
- Matte surface finish, both sides. A matte surface is great for reducing unnecessary stress on your reptile because they can not see their reflections.
- Vibration and sound absorbent
- Low thermal conductivity (high insulation value)
- Chemical resistant, non-corroding
- Low water absorption (does not rot)
- Premium polycarbonate or tempered glass doors are a much safer option than float glass.
- Venting: Slit venting on the upper back wall of the PVC enclosure.
- Additional side venting is recommended for bioactive setups
As we know animals and specifically reptiles are born into a vast world with huge enriching environments. It is our ethical duty as keepers to provide the closest thing possible to their natural environment that's why we made our custom PVC reptile cages Huge! Our 4’x2’x2’ reptile enclosures are equivalent to almost 8 square feet of floor space and roughly a volume of 110 gallons! The days of heavy glass 40 gallon breeders or that snake tank that's in your grandma's basement are long gone with our 4x2x2 custom PVC enclosure. The Kages 4x2x2 Premium PVC reptile enclosure weighs in at only 53 lbs. Our PVC reptile cages are nearly 3x larger than a traditional glass forty gallon breeder.
This Kages custom PVC enclosure is stackable! If you're planning to stack your new Kages Enclosures you'll need to purchase a stacking kit for the size and number of enclosures you're going to stack. Stacking kits are available in our "Featured" section.
Please note: Stacking kits cannot be used on enclosures with belly heat.
- Arcadia Reptile Jungle Dawn LED Bar
- Door Lock
- Door Handles
- Learn More About Bio Active Setups with The Bio Dude
SLEEK AND MODERN
First and foremost all Kages custom reptile enclosures are made out of animal safe materials. We use ½” extruded rigid PVC, we use this high quality material because of its sleek matte finish, heat retention qualities and not to mention its non porous so it's easy to clean up and doesn't promote bacteria growth like other reptile cages may.
Kages custom enclosures can be used for a variety of species depending on their individual needs. All of our PVC enclosures have been designed to allow either minimal humidity retention or maximum depending on what the keepers goal is, if you are planning on doing a bioactive setup we suggest adding the additional side vents to promote more air flow. Our enclosures are built out of ½” extruded PVC for its superior heat retention qualities, this great quality will result in needing a lower wattage bulb in your reptile enclosure resulting in energy savings and keeping more of your hard earned money in your pocket.
At Kages we believe there is no one size fits all solution to reptile enclosures, so we decided that we would build them custom and build them quickly without any compromises. Here at Kages we make PVC enclosure customization easy, all it takes is a few clicks, just head over to the size of the enclosure you are interested in, select your features, then place your order, and we will get to work quickly building your new PVC enclosure so your pet can have the home of its dreams. We have built a variety of awesome reptile enclosures, from small 12”x12”x12” for hatchlings to 8x4x4 enclosures. If you need a custom sized reptile cage feel free to contact us to design your custom enclosure.
Our 4x2x2 custom reptile cage is a great home for:
- Bearded Dragons Enclosure
- Blue Tongue Skink Enclosure
- Box Turtles Enclosure
- Ackie Monitor Enclosure
- Uromastyx Enclosure
- Young Tegu Enclosure
- And More!
Learn more about our species recommendations here.
- FREE Shipping to Continental United States.
- All of our PVC reptile enclosures are shipped unassembled to minimize shipping costs and prevent damage in transit. We build and disassemble each individual reptile enclosure to ensure a perfect fit. Assembly is very easy and takes about 15 minutes and requires only a Phillips screwdriver, but I would recommend a drill to speed things up.
- Please check our current enclosure lead times: HERE
- Each PVC enclosure is handmade; visible variations or imperfections may be present however they have no effect on the functionality of the enclosure.
- All custom reptile cage sizes are approximate.
- We do not recommend the use of ceramic heat emitters in our custom PVC reptile enclosures. There are much safer and much more natural options for your new PVC reptile cage such as;
Always use a thermostat and thermometer to monitor and regulate temperatures in your enclosure. Spyder Robotics makes excellent and very safe thermostats.
This cage is very high quality, every panel was perfect without scratches, the cuts are square and clean, the logo is good but not over the top. I was able to assemble and seal the cage in 45 minutes, and that was being careful and taking my time, making sure everything was lined up. Not to mention receiving the item was QUICK. I've purchased cages from several vendors, and not a single one gets it to you so quickly. I think I've found my new go-to cage source.
The only quirk is that the glass needs to be installed as the cage is being built and the tracks are part of the top and bottom PVC pieces, making the glass unable to be removed once the cage is put together. I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing, hence keeping the full 5 star rating. Just something to be mindful of when you're assembling the unit.
I ordered this after waiting way to long for an enclosure from another popular company. The cage arrived in less than 3 weeks and I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and ease of assembly. I really liked the notches for cords and appreciated not having to worry about cable management. It looks fantastic and my growing boa is thrilled with the extra space. I plan on purchasing an 8 ft enclosure next year as her final home. The only con is that you have to unscrew the entire top and remove it to be able to take the glass panels out of the track.
I have had my ball python, peanut, for a little over a year now and always struggled with humidity and heat. I live in Reno Nevada where the average humidity level outside is between 35-40. This inside of my house is 25. For the last year I have battled this combined with lower temperatures inside the house between 60-75. I found Kages through a Youtube channel and figured I would save up and give it a shot. I received my package in a reasonable time which was the first pleasant surprise with the Covid holds. As soon as I took it out of the package I knew I had something special. The build was super easy (with a roommate) and the quality is AMAZING. I was worried that the heat would still seep out especially with temps starting to drop as we get closer to winter but I was wrong. This enclosure has held in the heat and humidity better than anything I have owned before. The pics I attached show the humidity levels at night and during the day. The tank has not dropped below 80 even at night and has kept a beautiful heat gradient with only one heat source in there. The major downside to this enclosure is that once you purchase one, you will want more and glass or plastic tub enclosures will no longer be good enough again. I will recommend this product until I am blue in the face. Overall, I have less to worry about and a happy noodle. (yes I will be buying more plants to fill out the tank, I did not realize how big 4x2x2 would really be) Thank you Kages!
The materials for the enclosure are nicely put together and look real sleek, it was very easy to put together, and it holds heat and humidity waaay better than I ever expected it to!! I moved to this enclosure from a glass one and I am never going back to glass! My BTS, Noodle, appreciates the lack of reflections too and looks less stressed.
Thank you, Kages!
So I saved up to buy this 4' by 2' by 2' enclosure and now I hate all my other enclosures because this one is just so amazing. There's nothing better than this, its so worth your money. I'm already saving up to buy my next one (: